December 23, 2022

Awesome Downtime 15: 'Tis the Christmas Season

It's a Downtime Christmas Special! I never planned at all for a Downtime Christmas mix. It wasn't until I noticed that several of my most listened tracks during this holiday season could fall into the category of  "Downtime." It didn't take long to round up 16 tracks, but I wanted 20. As per my custom, I just don't add tracks for the sake of it and after adding, editing, sequencing, a few nuts & bolts, and a blow-torch, I managed to come up with 18 (imo) awesome tracks.

I absolutely love this mix. What are my favorites? Well, the biggest standouts are Vic's remix of Winter Wonderland, nPc's lo-fi remix of Santa Claus Is Coming to Town, and Monte La Rue's I Saw Santa Kissing Mommy (A Time for Lovin'). The bass riff/runs in the latter are similar or possibly sampled from the replay background music in Pilotwings 64, the video game. Regardless, I absolutely positively LOVE IT! Anyway, enough of the chit-chat... Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment