January 20, 2023

Awesome Downtime 16: Moça Formos

 As I've said in previous versions, I love all the tracks. Track #15 goes back to my soaking-in-the-tub days.

About the first track - it's not the Chris Cross dude, although I've seen it tagged on various sites (I think on the tube too). I know remixers can alter the vocals and such, but I did find out who the actual(?) singer was. However, I didn't bother to note it and just kept the track tagged to the mixer who goes by the name of DJ Yves. For all we know, it could have been someone else. I've seen in multiple cases other mixers/DJs taking the credit from others. Okay, enough of that useless banter... on the original remix, the tune begins with the percussion. For this comp, I added the original tune's orchestra intro, the stretches, The Office quips, repeats, flanging, and all other effects (all of 26 seconds), then segued into the original remix.

Blue Wednesday's Don't Let Go is a big, big fav. Also, the couple of tracks aforementioned, and The Player Piano's Sudden Left. Oh, can't forget In Love with a Ghost's Happy When You're Not Here. They're all good. Enjoy!



2 comments: