January 11, 2023

Guitar Wankery Allowed!

 18 tracks of guitar fanatic aerobatics. This comp may not be for everyone. When it comes down to the guitar, we all have our favorite players and those players are generally well known. But how about those unsung players that are nary a blip on a radar screen? They certainly got the chops, which brings us to this comp...

Wankery?!? Isn't that an insult? lol, it's tongue-in-cheek. I dig this stuff. Now, why did I say this comp may not be for everyone... There are 18 tracks in total (all instrumentals, with only a couple of short tracks that are solo acoustic) with a few from the progressive metal genre and mathcore. Several of the tracks are more progressive/hard rock with a couple tinged in melancholy [it should also be noted that musical proficiency exceeds in all the instrumentations]. I guess what I'm saying is about half this comp may be new territory for those unfamiliar with the genres, and possibly unimpressed or startled with the unlikeness to the more familiar classic favs. I'll stop there but like to remind you that this is really good stuff! I should know - I listen to it! :)  Tracks 3 & 6 are big favs. Enjoy!



guitar@320

No comments:

Post a Comment