September 22, 2023

Halloween Horrors of Modern Surf Rock

20 frightening instrumental tracks (well, perhaps the titles) of modern surf rock. A long story short - I've always loved classic surf rock (The Surfaris, Dick Dale, The Shadows, etc), but wasn't all that keen for the modern neo-surf music. It wasn't until I heard the Surfaholics' '95 album, "Tiki-A-Go-Go." And that's all it took to be hooked.

My favs? Not surprisingly, Surfaholics' "Frankensurfer" is my top fav. The Moon-Rays' "Transylvanian Boo-Ga-Loo (Java's Pad)" would probably be my second fav. A toss-up for third, either the Silver Hawks' "Fear City" or Evil Waves' "Death Waltz." Enjoy!




4 comments:

  1. Love all your comps.. These really hit the spot for this time of year.. I think it's going to be time for a Halloween party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And I still have more to go!

      Delete