September 26, 2023

Spooky Septober 4! Rhymes with 4 Is... More!

20 more rare Halloweenie tracks (well, rare to me). Okay, make it 19, as the first track is the main title theme to the film "Son of Dracula." Most of the tunes from the 60s, a few 50s, one from the early 70s (Neil Blunt & Jack Miffleton's "Halloween Song"), and an oldie from '27 (Truett & George's "Ghost Dance").

My favs you ask? Merle Kilgore's "The Bell Witch" would be one. The Moontrekkers' "The Bogey Man" is another. And The Black Albinos' "Ghost Party." Enjoy!



SpookySeptober 4@320

7 comments:

  1. Have just downloaded the 'spooky offerings', for which I THANK YOU. I'll just go and change into my brown corduroy trousers before I listen to them !!!
    bulldogUK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome BulldogUK! Enjoy those pants too!

      Delete
  2. Great Spooky and Halloween offerings here, GG, shivers down my spine! Just found out the Dickie Goodman tune was originally released as a promo 45 by Jekyll & Hyde in 1964. Think I'll add this Limbo Rock rip off to one of my ska/reggae folders, as it is somewhat ska-ish. YouTube links including label shot:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w8V2JaK4R8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufck1dcRDe8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you HenkP! Also, I'm pretty sure the Jekyll & Hyde version is Goodman himself. Actually, your youtube link (first one) mentioned it as well :) Great tunes indeed.

      Delete
    2. I just remembered - the track is from 1964's "The Monster Album" by unknown artist(s). I must have used a source (I don't recall now) that determined the one I have is solo Goodman, and not the pseudonym version (Jekyll & Hyde).

      Delete
  3. Thanks George! (p.s. Jonder sent me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome MrDave! And a thank you to Jonder too!

      Delete