April 4, 2023

Jammin' Me! 22 Reggae Jams

Just a simple title, but not the tunes. This mix will probably be the only one that's all reggae music.

I was late in the game for the genre. If memory serves correct, I wasn't all that keen on actual reggae when first heard. It wasn't until the early 90s when I heard a clothing store down in Toronto blaring out some cool jams. It wasn't the reggae I've heard on the radio or anywhere else for that matter. But it got me curious enough to seek out what I've been missing. I purchased a few CD comps but it wasn't anything what I heard from that store. And so, I left it at that until the later part of 1992, when I heard Mad Cobra's "Flex" (last track on mix). That did it! I was finally a fan.

About this mix - I was going to make it a 2 or 3 mix series but decided to trim it down as best I could and make it all personal favorites. 22 tracks in all, ranging from 1964 to 2003 (the majority are 60s & 70s) with a mix of rocksteady, ska, roots reggae, dancehall, and reggae pop. I think this mix is also a good starting point once you're familiarized with reggae. Enjoy!



Jam@320

2 comments: