October 3, 2023

More Halloween with Modern Horror-Disco

 This Ain't No Discotheque! A Dozen Modern Horror-Disco Tracks

It appears to be a more diversified Halloween playlist this year. Something for everyone perhaps. This time out, horror-disco. And what is horror-disco exactly? Another style/genre within the hierarchy/branch of EDM > Electro-disco, Italo-disco, Neo-disco, etc. I'm not a big fan of horror-disco, so it took me a bit to find a suitable mix. Like all my comps, I'm very selective. It's easy to fill a comp out in no time, but I'm a stickler. With this mix, I preferred the steady beats along the lines of Motorik.

If to select a favorite, I suppose Bottin's "Slashdance" would be right up there. It has that Daft Punk going for it. Psychic Pollution's "Exorcisme" is another, with the Motorik style. A dozen tracks in all, mostly instrumentals. Maybe go nuts and mix it up with the other Halloween mixes. Enjoy!



Notte Horror@320

2 comments:

  1. I copped this shortly after you posted it, and it keeps coming back to me on Shuffle, and I keep getting knocked out by the tracks here, so I had to come back and leave this run-on sentence. Thanks so much for the mix; it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Captain J.mo! I knew making this mix, the genre wouldn't appeal to most everyone. I'm not even a fan myself, but I took extra time listening/selecting the tracks. I'm sorry to toot my own horn here but I agree with you - it's a pretty good mix, and probably a good starter mix for the genre.

      Delete