October 26, 2023

Halloween Horrors of Modern Surf Rock VII: Skullaballoo

This will probably be the last surf rock Halloween mix for the year. I should have lots more for next season. So, what do we have here...

Another goodie! Once again, 20 tracks in all with 19 all instrumentals. The Hellbenders' "The Ghosts of Boot Hill" has vocals. It's more (sort of) rockin' country but still has that surfie guitar going for it. My favs you've asked? The Treble Spankers' "A Man Called Curse" and the Lava Rats' "A Phalanx of Terror" would be my top two. Insect Surfers' "Ghost Train," Los Plantronics' "Voodoo Astronaut," and the Surf Zombies' "Skullaballoo" would be my other favs. Enjoy!



Surf Rock VII@320

2 comments:

  1. Thank you again GG for all of your latest comps. Been building up a H'ween mood mostly thanks to you! By the way, you inspired me to post the Halloween Nuggets 3CD set over at RYP's twilightzone. By the time you read this I assume RYP will have received said offering. All the best --HP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome HenkP! And again, thanks for all your kind compliments. As for Halloween Nuggets, I'm all too familiar with the set. I have a ton of files ripped or downloaded over many years and unfortunately, the majority are tagged improperly (correct titles, albums, etc). When I make mixes, I check each track to verify aforementioned, and I've found several of the tracks pop up in several VA comps. The one I've noticed the most so far is the Nuggets set. It's funny because when creating a mix, I'm thinking it's going to be really rare, and then let down to find a few tracks are on that set, lol.

      Thank you again!

      Delete