October 19, 2023

Halloween Horrors of Modern Surf Rock V: Surfin' Headhunters!

Not only the fifth volume, but my favorite so far! And why is that? Amphibian Man's "Surfing with Sea Devil on the Board." Love it! And that's not all either - Surfaholics' "Toxic Beach" is another fav. If you love the genre, check out the band (they also appear on the first volume).

What else is in store? How about a mix of alt-country swingin' it with surf rock = the Atomics' "Zombie vs Ninja." It's another fav. And how about a mix of reggae & ska with surf rock = The Aqua Velvets' "Shrunken Head." It's also another fav. 20 tracks in all. They're all good. Enjoy!




5 comments:

  1. Any chance of a reup for Halloween Haunts 1 and 5?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for pointing it out. I didn't know they were down. I'll eventually have most (or all) the files on proton, for a lot of hosts can be unreliable. I may no longer have the files for 1 & 5 but that's okay because the mixes (and several others) need to be revised (better rips, etc). I'll try to work on them before Halloween and have them up.

      Delete
  2. Thanks a lot for this fine series. I downloaded them all from Vol 1 - 6! I also really like the artwork on the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, now under my name:
    Thanks a lot for this fine series. I downloaded them all from Vol 1 - 6! I also really like the artwork on the covers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome RYP! I admit I got a bit too lazy on doing the covers and not satisfied with the end results, but as they say, we're our own worst critics :) And a big thank you for allowing your site to post our links. Very much appreciated.

      Delete