June 26, 2024

And It's Whispered That Soon, If We All Call For Some Nineties Tunes III

Another collection of good to great nineties tracks that I haven't heard over the airwaves in years or in some cases, not at all. The majority of tracks are not rare, with a few exceptions. First things first, I've completely forgot about Apollo 440's "Stop the Rock" and strangely enough, I thought it was released post-90s. Lid's "The Dream Is Over" is one of my top favs and like aforementioned, I also thought it was another post-90s track. The track is similar to what was released around the early 00s (Trapt, Creed, etc).

The rarest track, and I'll be surprised if anyone has heard it, is Soul Tattoo's "Stutter." I heard it one night from a local college radio, and as the norm, I just had to get the CD. Another possible rare track is Paw's "Couldn't Know." And the other (possible) rare track would be Inclined's "How Deep Is This Well?" Inclined had that Spin Doctors feel/sound going for them. Urge Overkill's "(Today Is) Blackie's Birthday" off  '91's The Supersonic Storybook, is also their (imo) best album.

Spacehog's "Cruel to Be Kind" was the reason why I needed the CD. And, how come you rarely/never hear Dionne Farris' "I Know" - the track is still solid. Anyway, the whole mix is solid. Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Never heard Soul Tattoo, but I loved "Stop The Rock" and "Blackie's Birthday", and IDK why "I Know" doesn't get played these days either! Spacehog had one big 90's hit and so did Len (Steal My Sunshine). Got burnt out quick on "Mr. Wendal" but it's cool to see Redd Kross here -- and RK's new double album is out this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a story behind "Mr. Wendal" (well, there's a story with all the picks) but once again, I just don't have the energy to work these lazy digits out, lol. I think I'll keep this 90s theme going and maybe, just maybe, I'll eck out more anecdotes. Thanks for the info Jonder.

      Delete