April 15, 2023

Rare Gems from the Gravel Pit 1: 1967

NOTE: Revised Edition!

Prologue: I was going to write a song and dance about the selection process but decided to just let the music do the talking. Of course, a personal anecdote would be pleasing, imo. As a matter of fact, I should be gnawing away on my left foot because quips/narratives are one of the important requisites I search for in blogs, et al. And yet, why don't I do the same?!? I don't have an excuse. Perhaps there are only a few of us that still long for a personal exemplum to widen our scope of notions to the timbres from the music. I don't know. And here I am writing a song and dance... lol.

In this series (RGFRGP), not all will be garage-rockers. Big favs you've asked? The Tiffany Shade's "Would You Take My Mind Out for a Walk" for one. The Candymen's "Movies in My Mind" is another big fav. Eyes of Blue's "Supermarket Full of Cans" and the Societie's "Breaking Down" are a couple of more. They're all good. Enjoy!




Originally Published March 17/22

14 comments:

  1. Apart from the musical content of your collections, I also like the way you present them. Thanks George and keep going. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Manolis. I really appreciate the kind words.

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    new here! great blog and great post!!!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words! And don't forget to check the blogs in the list on the right. Some are a lot better than mine :)

      Delete
  3. I may have gotten in too late. I'm getting blocked by ZippyShare, but the track listing looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There may be a few reasons being blocked, and one is too much downloading from host. It may have happened long ago but your IP remains static and noted. Some others say it depends where your IP is zoned (country, state, etc). If you don't use an Opera browser (it's built in), there is a plethora of VPNs available, and several offer free (sometimes limited) access.

      Delete
    2. I use a VPN, that's not it. Only on these Zippyshares do I have an issue

      Delete
    3. It sounds like the free VPN you're using has all the IPs zippy blocked. You could either find another freebie or consider a paid plan. The latter doesn't cost all that much, and you don't have to worry about being blocked. You do run into blocks, sometimes more often than not, but a simple change of the IP and back in business.

      Delete
    4. Nope, not a free vpn and even when I turn it off, I can't get it. Too bad, because I think I would love this one

      Delete
    5. It's possible the vpn you're using has many of the IPs blocked. I've read it happens on some vpns. The workaround is to just keep switching IPs, country, etc.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. When you run into any blocks (it happens on several file hosts), just use a VPN. Some offer a free account (normally limited).

      Delete