March 25, 2022

Summer Beats on the Beach 1

I can't wait for the summer to arrive. Our winters overstay their welcome. I do love the bliss of the four seasons but winter I tell ya, it just lingers on like bad body odor. Anyway, I've had this idea and title for the next series for about a year now. And what better time to get those hot, burning radiated rays ready for the beach, or the backyard (I'm all for the latter) for summer compilations!

The majority of the 16 tracks I associate with the summer, or a summery spring day. As for the others - they got a beat, and a good beat for the beach. Big favorites in Steve Forbert's "Romeo's Tune." That tune takes me back to the jukebox at an old video/arcade shop once upon many, many years ago. Bill Amesbury's "Virginia (Touch Me Like You Do)" is another goodie. I've always loved First Class' "Beach Baby" and this time, the full album version. Dean Parrish's "Watch Out!" is another fav. They're all good. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment