November 7, 2022

Twistin' & Grumblin' & Moanin' & Rumblin' - 20 Groovin' Classics

 Twistin' & Grumblin' & Moanin' & Rumblin' - 20 Groovin' Dance Gems

The first half of this title was not inspired by noisy bodily functions, lol. It's a title I've floated around for the longest time. It also goes back to the blog's moniker - groove. While working away on the comp, I kept thinking back to an old memory from over 40 years ago, to partially base the comp's theme. She was beautiful, sexy, and absolutely fun to be with, albeit our relation was very short lived.

One evening, we got together with a few friends and while listening to Alex Harvey Band's "Snake Bite," she got up and did this dance, similar to Selma Hayek's scenes in From Dusk to Dawn (a film released years later). Actually, she had a similar body to Selma's. Let that sink in your daydreaming minds, lol. Anyway, she gets up and does this dance and at that time, it was a first for me. I've never been that close to witness such an engaging & mesmerizing dance just mere inches away.

Another source was from scenes in beatnik films or shows with the dancers grooving as opposed to bouncing up and down. Enough of explaining - All tunes from 1965 to '78. Enjoy! - btw, I included "Snake Bite" (the last track).



Grumblin' @320

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I can just picture Salma Hayek. Lucky you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, we didn't see each other long enough to advance past the kissing stage. At least I have a couple of good memories during our (very) brief courtship.

      P.S. I've been playing this comp a lot. Setting the track sequence wasn't as arduous as most of the other comps. Also, I thought adding "Snake Bite" into the mix may through off the vibe but imo, not at all. I think it's a fitting end.

      Delete