February 12, 2024

Drive Baby Drive, Vol. 9: More Motorik!

The first volume of the series was all modern motorik (btw, it's been revised - Drive Baby Drive, Volume 1). This new mix is also all modern, sans a couple of '70s tracks (Neu!'s "Neuschnee" and Michael Rother's "Flammende Herzen"). You gotta love motorik. And what is Motorik you ask? A good to-the-point explanation from the www... The motorik beat is a distinctive rhythmic pattern characterized by a steady, propulsive pulse and a strict adherence to a consistent tempo.

A dozen tracks in all. My favorite is the last and longest track - Planet Bit's "Is ittt Future or Is ittt Past." A couple of Vert:X tracks ("The Pythia (Xylitol - Tape Edit)" and "DTFMEXT2MIX2") as well. Einstellung's "Tot" is another fav. As I normally say, they're all good. Enjoy!



DBD-Vol9@320

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for Vol 9 - hope that a new link for Drive Baby Drive Vol 2 becomes available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome wkc! I'm really hoping to finish it all by end of year, but I think I said that last year too. :)

      Delete
  2. Love this stuff and thanks also for the revised volume 1. Being a newbie here I too would be interested in any of the earlier volumes that have come and gone before I discovered Groovy Library. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome zipper! The majority of the earlier posts have older rips (lower than 320kbps) and not tagged correctly. I've been revising them albeit slowly (hard to find the time). If you come across a post with a link that's not with Proton, I would skip it and wait for the revised edition :)

      Delete
  3. One of my favorite styles, and several new to me artists. Every time I visit your blog I find even more gems to dive into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mooz! I too love the genre. I don't recall when I first heard motorik (probably Neu! or Can), but do think it was Stereolab who left me yearning for more, especially the more modern scene.

      Delete