October 31, 2022

Popcorn Mania! 20 Rarities from 1959-69

 Popcorn Mania 1: Gonzo 1959-69!

As requested, popcorn music. I had to read up on what is popcorn music (it's not a genre but a style). In the most condensed version for explanation: Late 50s to mid 60s pop, r&b, and/or just about any genre, normally American and British music with a slow to medium yet danceable tempo.

From the various sources I've read, and countless compilations, many tracks are well known. For this first comp, I went with rare tracks aka I don't recall at all, lol (actually, I know a few of them but still haven't heard in years). Track #6 would probably be my fav. And 20 tracks this time, as opposed to the usual 16. Enjoy!



PopcornMania @320

6 comments:

  1. Wow George your first Popcorn compilation is a successful compilation, hopefully more will follow in the future.
    Muske

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi George,
    Then you also like to hear this type of music. Thank you for posting multiple compilations on your blog.
    Muske

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I'm very familiar with the music, and still listen to it today. I just didn't know that it was also known as popcorn music. Anyway, I should have another comp up today. Thank you again.

      Delete
  3. What's cool about Popcorn is how much it spread from the original one club in Belgium (The Popcorn) to all over the world now. There still are clubs where they play this "style" live today. Reminds me so much of the Northern Soul clubs, the Shag shacks in the Carolina beaches. Even though the music is different and the BPM's are different there still is something really cool about a local scene that goes viral. Great comps, btw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pol. And I agree, it's cool when (music) scenes go viral.

      Delete