April 25, 2024

And It's Whispered That Soon, If We All Call For Some Nineties Tunes II

Another round with many rare tracks, yet several familiar names. A little more diverse too including New York's own Bright, and their motorik-styled "Pannonica." It's also one of my top favs from this mix. Hair metal's L.A. Guns and their awesome ballad, "It's Over Now" is not only another top fav, but a personal fav (of many) as well.

I wasn't all that keen over EMF but I do like their one track, "Admit It." Canada's The Weakerthans are a pretty good group, and their "Diagnosis" is (imo) one of their best. Remember Bowie's Tin Machine? "You Belong in Rock N' Roll" is one of the best tracks off their second release. Helmet's "Vaccination" is one of their best unsung gems. New Bad Things' "Caravan" and Spin Doctors' "How Could You Want Him" are a couple of more favs.

Oh, and can't forget Pee's "ihop," sometimes written as IHOP or I Hop, from other sites. Their CD has it as "ihop" and that supersedes the aforementioned guesswork. It's also a great track.

Lots of goodies. 18 tracks in all. Enjoy!



Nineties2@320

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful selection. Brings back fond memories of many bands. LA Guns was one of the first concerts I went to with my Mom. I was forced to play a spin Doctors songs for my school talent show. Infectious Grooves were a unique and very 90s thing, I saw them live and they had this 13 year old guitarist, it was wild. Thanks for this mix, I know I’m going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Mooz! I used to do a lot of blind buying (CDs) with Columbia House and another similar company (the name slips my mind at the moment but imo a lot better - they had lots of box sets). I'm pretty sure that's how Infectious Grooves, Propellerheads, etc, got in my collection. If I found at least one good track, then it was worth it.

      I remember loving the Spin Doctors on the radio and once I purchased the CD, I no longer cared for Little Miss Can't Be Wrong and Two Princes, lol. Fortunately, "How Could You Want Him" wowed me over, and still.

      Thanks for your stories! I need to start doing more of that in my posts. :)

      Delete
  2. I have to say that I haven't heard many of these tracks. Around this time I was listening to only real, real alternative bands that barely got played on college radio. Refreshing to hear these deeper tracks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pol! I too used to listen to our local college radio during the 90s, usually on a Friday or Saturday night, when they played more on the rare side of alt/indie/grunge, etc.

      Delete