April 27, 2024

Doo-Wop Ballads: Love Is Love [1955-64]

Plenty of rare tracks. Aside from all good to great tracks, personal favs are Joey & The Ovations' "I Still Love You," Chicago based The Orchids with "Newly Wed," The Chromatics (feat. Augie Austin) with "My Heart Let Me Be Free," New York's The Inspirations with "The Feeling of Her Kiss," and Bertha Tillman's "Oh My Angel." The latter a big, big fav.

And then there's New York's The Starlites with their awesome (and probably my favorite) "Valarie." My first introduction to this classic was Frank Zappa's version.

20 tracks in all, from 1955 to 64. I hope you enjoy this mix, and possibly more to come.




7 comments:

  1. Hi George,
    This is a fantastic album. You hit the nail right on the head! I just started to listen to the album for a second time and it just keeps getting better. I'm very hopeful that more volumes will follow in the future! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bill, you're welcome! I was hoping you'd give it a listen. I'm glad it passed the test :)

      Delete
    2. George, I've listened so many times now that I wore out the album!! Keep up the good work my friend.

      Delete
    3. Thanks again Bill, I really appreciate your kind words. I'll eventually do another volume, but I'll probably do another rockin' doo-wop beforehand.

      Delete
    4. That's quite alright by me, George. You have a good ear for both tempos. I'll be anxiously waiting!!! Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. Very nice compilation. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete