May 11, 2024

A Little dnb'll Do Ya!

Yes, my Mom would dabble a bit of that Brylcreem in our hair. I have no recollection if it bothered or not. Huh?!? Anyway, I'm a fan of dnb but not some of the sub-genres and sounds, in particular the low-frequency harsh sub-bass, harsh-wobble, harsh-wub, and harsh-reese effects (I think it's labelled as Neurofunk, but not sure). You've heard the dnb I generally love in some of the 'Downtime' mixes.

I think it was Roni Size's "Brown Paper Bag" that opened my doors to further explore dnb, breakbeat, atmospheric dnb, etc. It's also in this mix. Jrumhand's "Something a Little..." is fairly new to my ears and bound to be another big fav. Simplification's "How Many Ways" (samples Billy Paul's 73's hit "Me and Mrs. Jones") is a big fav. And so is Bachelors of Science's "Hold On." A dozen tracks and all good, of course. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment