September 6, 2024

That's What She Said! Volume Seven ('70s & '80s)

Originally not intended for the series, but I had several tracks drawing data dust still awaiting for eons and noticed many with female vocals. I wouldn't necessarily call the tunes the cream of the crop, but most are deeper album cuts. A bit of folk, soft rock, soft prog, pop and funky soul. Standouts include the alternate version of "Hold a Candle to This" by The Pretenders, Melissa Manchester's "Pretty Girls," Fanny's "Soul Child" and Gloria Jones' "Baby Don'tcha Know (I'm Bleeding for You)." Also, Frumpy's "Keep on Going," Mother Superior's "Mood Merchant" and one of the best versions of the Fab Four's, albeit aptly titled, "I Saw Him Standing There" by Maggie Bell. Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. I like this series and anytime I can get an excuse to listen to M+M is a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pol, much appreciated! A somewhat quick story regarding Martha & the Muffins - Back in '80, I sat in a car with g/f while friends went in a bar looking for someone. M & M happened to be there that night, and we could hear them playing "Echo Beach" out in the parking lot. They were loud, lol. The song was fairly recent on the radio, and here they were still slugging it out in the bar circuit, far from their home (well, a couple hours away).

      Delete