March 22, 2024

Everything Under the Sun Is in Tune 4: A Prospectus of HPPR! 69-79

Copied intro from first volume... HPPR = Hard, Progressive, & Psychedelic Rock. I wanted to expand the psychedelic rock a wee bit more from the previous mixes by mixing in some progressive and hard rock. And of course, the usual deeper and obscure gems rule the mix. And, to repeat myself over and over, I only include the tunes I really like or love, aka melody-licious! No mediocrity!

Back in '79, I don't think I've heard any of the tracks, let alone the artists (with exception to Steve Hackett, Man, and maybe Apocalypse). It's unfortunate for I'm sure I'd be wearing out the vinyls. Favorites this time around? 18 Karat Gold's "If My Guru Would Know." It's catchy and Gu-roovey (bad joke, haha). Man's "It Is as It Must Be" is really good. Blackjack's "Fallin'" is a great rocker. If you think the singer sounds like Michael Bolton, that's because you're correct. Bruce Kulick (guitarist) was also a member. Avalanche's "Tie Your Laces" is another fav. Roland Kovac New Set's "The Master Said (Part I)" is just the last 10 minutes edited out. The first half (aka Part I) is the best part.

16 tracks and all good. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment