March 8, 2024

Rockin' Rollin' Doo-Wop 3: Tick ​​Tock A-Woo!

Back in the first volume (find it here), I mentioned "Zoom" by The Starlighters but didn't have a good quality mp3. The tune has to be one of the heaviest, and rockiest doo-wop track I've ever heard. I eventually found one and forgot all about it until Chi-Town sent me the track, after reading aforementioned in the first volume. I decided to use his track for this mix. And speaking of this mix...

It took more than six months to get here but imo, a worthy wait. You'll notice (like the previous volumes) that some tracks don't sound all that doo-wop like. It's all good music to me, regardless of the labels. My favorites? Well, my fav is a toss-up between "Zoom" and George Zimmerman and The Thrills' "Ain't Got the Money to Pay for This Drink." Other favs include The Genies' "Who's That Knocking," The Isley Brothers' "Everybody's Gonna Rock and Roll" and The Hollyhocks' "You for Me." Oops, forgot about Dave Collins & The Scrubs' "Bluesy Me" and Grady Chapman and The Suedes' "Don't Blooper." 20 tracks in all. They're all good. Enjoy!



Doo-Wop3@320

10 comments:

  1. I just finished listening to this compilation for the second time and must say that you, once again, have picked out some fantastic uptempo doo-wops. The Cleftones - You Baby You, and my Chi-Town counterparts The El Dorados with Bim Bam Boom are always a delight to hear. Many thanks for another great doo-wop compilation, George!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Chi-Town! I tend to forget a track or two when I list my top favs. That's one of the reasons why I like to keep my mixes with no more than 20 tracks. Instead of sifting through the fillers, you get all gems. Well, according to my taste, lol. But yes, I forgot to mention "Bim Bam Boom." I think I like it better than their big hit, "At My Front Door."

      Delete
    2. LOL In "Bim Bam Boom", Pirkle Moses and the guys mention the Brookfield Zoo. It really exists and is a large zoo which is located in the southwestern Chicago suburb of Brookfield. I appreciate that the compilations contain gems and no filler material. 20 tracks per compilation is enough. Hopefully in the future you will make some more doo-wop compilations -- ballads, uptempo, or mixed tempos. Hint, hint, hint!! Just an idea.....

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the info! I love little tidbits. And funny you mentioned ballads - I started a folder for one the other day. I'll be doing more doo-wop for sure. Thanks again!

      Delete
    4. That's great, George. I'll be looking forward to some doo-wop ballads in the future.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete