March 30, 2024

Popcorn Mania 13: What a Feeling!

A baker's dozen of popcorn comps. Cleo Jons' "Why Don't You Do Right (Get Me Some Money, Too!)" is a goodie. Wanda Jackson's "Whirlpool" is another fav. I really like Ginny Arnell's "Dumb Head" but I can see the controversy if released today. Apparently, Ginny herself was reluctant about the track, but after hearing the final product, she liked what she heard.

Nella Dodds' "Come See About Me" is another fav with a story. From what I've read/heard, Berry Gordy heard it in the studio and immediately had the Supremes record and release their version before Nella's. I've read inconsistent release dates on the net whether who was first, but I'm sure the exact info for what went down is out there. I suppose it don't really matter much to me. It's all good. And speaking of good, 20 tracks in all. Enjoy!



Popcorn#13@320

6 comments:

  1. Thanks George, another nice compilation Popcorn Mania 13: What a Feeling!

    Muske

    ReplyDelete
  2. whew! Thanks for these excellent selections. The same goes for #12.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Domenic! Much appreciated.

      Delete