January 14, 2022

The Other Side of 60s Garage Rock

NOTE: Revised Edition!

21 tracks from '65 to '68. And they are rare as rockin' horse poop. The story behind this mix? I had a bunch of garage rock tracks sitting in some folders that I felt were not good enough for the blog. However, just because I don't think they are all that great doesn't mean the same for others. And, I'll admit, after another listen a year later, some of the tracks are actually worthy enough for this blog. I suppose at the time, I was probably in a sour mood. Enough of the excuses - this mix is rare, and may not be all to your liking. Favorites? Lindy Blaskey & The Lavells' Let It Be (not the Beatles tune) is a goodie. The Jynx Pack's She's in Love is another worthy for a listen or three. David John & The Mood's Diggin' for Gold, and King Biscuit Entertainers' (The Courtship Of) Priscilla Brown are a couple more good tunes. You just may like 'em all. Enjoy!




2 comments: