January 8, 2022

Hmm!?! Edits, Extends, Alts, Outtakes & the Kitchen Sink Mixes

NOTE: Revised Edition!

Note: All tracks edited [aka ruined] by George with the exception of tracks 1, 4, 5, & 6.

Most tracks were edited many years ago, by use of primitive programs. The overall sound in several tracks may not be perfect, and the artifacts (nuances) will be obvious, but it shouldn't take away the enjoyment. 

Fleetwood Mac's Gypsy [Overextended Outro mix] - I've always loved the original guitar solo but it should have been extended. Say no more!

Buchanan Brothers' Medicine Man [Complete Edit] - As far as I know, there wasn't a complete take. The album has it split in two parts. Hmm, it would be nice for an almost complete take - say no more!

Stone Temple Pilots' Kitchenware & Candybars [grewabeard mix] - One of my all-time favorite tracks by the band, but it needed to be longer. I've always loved the part when the electric guitar starts riffing away before the solo, but it needed to be longer. Say no more! Oh, and the ending is a nice touch.

Foreigner's Waiting for a Girl Like You [Hard Rock mix] - this goes back, way back over 20 years ago. I no longer recall the program, or all the settings. There's echo for sure, and probably some sustain and reverb as well. I like that the drums are not overbearing, but I wish I didn't add the echo/repeat settings in the chorus during the vocals. Again, very primitive.

The Floaters' Float On [Overextended mix] - another that goes waaaay back. I'm pretty sure I wanted the track to be longer than 14 minutes.

I've done several other mixes/edits from years back and may share them as well. Anyway, enjoy!




5 comments:

  1. I look forward to the new link. Looks like a great collection. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you wkc. The original file was deleted by the host. Unfortunately, some of the tracks are no longer in my hd. Fortunately, those tracks are stored in an older hd. I thought all was fine beforehand (hence the New Link Coming Soon) and now it sits in my lengthy to do list. I can't give an estimate when complete. I'm hoping I get everything caught up sometime this year, but lots of happenings here in real life. We'll have to wait and see. My apologies again.

      Delete
    2. And finally, it's up! Sorry for the delay. Enjoy!

      Delete