January 26, 2022

Awesome Canadian Classic Rock You Could Use

I do not like that title. It's ridiculous the more I think about it. The original title was something like, "Awesome Canadian Classic Rock You Haven't Heard." However and fortunately, the music within makes up for the bad title, and then some. And by that, I'm talkin' many, many favorites. 16 tracks in all. All 70s sans Harlequin's "Innocence" from 1980.

A lot of the tracks hold many fond memories. If I had to list my top 3, it would be excruciating, but I'll try. Let's see... Edward Bear's "Cachet County." It's also my favorite track from the band. Trooper's "Round, Round We Go" and also my favorite track from the band. Ian Thomas' "Pilot" would be my third, and that too is my favorite of Ian's. Why stop at three! Stampeders (you know, the Sweet City Woman dudes) with "Ramona" is one of their best hard rockers. It was also on one of those K-Tel records. Max Webster, Cooper Brothers, Prism, etc. All songs are great. Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Anytime I can find Harlequin I know I will like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pol Inate - I remember someone else did a Canadian mix for BB's compilation series, and now I forget who or when. I hope I didn't repeat any of the tracks. :D

      Delete