January 21, 2022

Cruisin' Under Starlit Desert Skies

Note: Revised Edition

Do you feel like headin' out for a ride cruisin' through a warm, summer evening to the sounds of an awesome soundtrack? "Cruisin' Under Starlit Desert Skies" is just the ticket. It's broken down into four parts: 1) It's full throttle from the get go, and it doesn't let up... 2) You're just cruisin' now, top down feelin' the breeze... 3) You're headin' back now, winding down, settlin' into the comfortable stage... 4) and you're home and relaxed. And what a rush!

Many of the 16 tracks are "Desert Rock." Sometimes known as "Stoner Rock," both genres tend to be amalgamated in the genre tree. Also keep in mind that both genres (or maybe just the Stoner tag) are laden with sludge and doom metal. I don't mind the latter and it's expected with most releases, but not for this series. With that out of the way...

All big favs and lots of unsung tracks. Ozric Tentacles, Black Sky Giant, Lanterna, The Marlboro Men, Rollerball, Ephilexia, Lani Hall, etc. Enjoy!

Extra Note: I've remade the cover. The apostrophe was missing in original (annoyed my ocd) but kept it in the file, along with Manolis F's cover.




And many thanks to Manolis F for cover & back cover/track listing. I really appreciate it.


2 comments:

  1. Hi George
    Nice blog, nice collection!!
    Here is something for you [https://ibb.co/zPZqRXc]
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Manolis. That work you did is awesome. I hope you don't mind if I share it on this post. Also, I've never seen your blog before. I'll add it to my 'Awesome Blog List' :)

      Delete