February 1, 2023

Drive Baby Drive, Vol. 8: Early 80s Cruisin' & Parkin'

 This comp is quite nostalgic. It takes me back to many good times while cruisin' around with friends and girlfriends. And yes, a few parking tracks included as well. A few notes...

- The Eddie Rabbitt and Charlie Dore tracks are from 1979. For many years, I've always thought they were from the 80s. It's quite possible I've never heard them when first released.

- All tracks were heard over the radio (awesome AM radio) except the last track (Rick Springfield's Inside Silvia). One evening, an old girlfriend had the album and she mentioned the track (we both had similar tastes in record albums' deeper cuts). Once heard, it never left. I still listen to it from time to time, and never tires.

- Several tracks were hits in Canada, some big. A few years ago, I hosted an online audio/video party, mostly AM classics. After I played Chilliwack's My Girl (track 5), not one person recalled the tune. I have a feeling a few other tracks in this comp are possibly rare if you live outside the Canadian border. Enjoy!



Cruisin'@320

2 comments:

  1. George, another fantastic compilation of under-rated classic rock! Thanks for this, I appreciate your dedication to deep cuts that never got played on FM radio. For a future edition, please consider "Ridin' In My Car" (1977) by N.R.B.Q.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Jungle Jim! I actually like "Ridin' in My Car," the live and studio version. I wouldn't really call it a "deep cut" since it was released as a single. However, I've been wanting to do a comp of singles that should have been bigger, at least where I live. Or something similar. I'll start on it after one or two other comps. Thanks!

      Delete