February 6, 2023

Psychedelia & The Spacey Sixties 2: Made in USA [1968-69]

More psychedelic sixties, and more deep album cuts...

I love listening to albums, especially those unsung/deep cut tracks. More often than not, I'd favor them over the hit singles. But what do I know - if radio programmers think Bread's "Baby I'm-A Want You" is better than "Down on My Knees" (both tracks from same album, but the latter was never released as a single), then again, what do I know lol.

Anyway, here are sixteen more tracks that all may not be radio material, but they're good enough for me! I hope for you too. Enjoy!




4 comments:

  1. Your write up reminded me about how I discovered that unsung gems or deep tracks were the best. I grew up In LA and in the 70's there was a station that started playing entire albums late at night. I realized that some of the best tracks were the ones they were not playing the rest of the day. I went from buying compilations and greatest hits to buying real full albums. Amazing what a difference it made. Made me want to share my favorites. Keep sharing your gems! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pol. I was fortunate to be reared by a musical family. A lot of music around the house. A couple of brothers bought a lot of LPs, 8-tracks and 45s. I got in on it too once I had my own coin. I too bought comps, greatest hits, 45s, along with albums. Hmmm, thinking about it now, I don't think we had that many comps around. I had Nazareth, Alice Cooper, and Jethro Tull's greatest hits albums. Maybe a few others but that's about it. I guess I really started early on just album listening, lol. But I still bought and played the occasional 45. Love those 'B' sides!

      There was a station (I think from Rochester, NY) - 92.5 - I remember they would play albums on a Saturday afternoon. They'd also play an album a day or two before release. I don't recall how long that lasted but I'll never forget sitting in my car waiting for them to cue up the newest ZZ Top album - Eliminator. That was early 1983. I liked it so much, I bought the cassette once released. I think that was the last time I've heard a complete album over the airwaves.

      Anyway, gotta love those unsung gems/deep tracks.

      Delete
  2. Thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete