November 26, 2023

Groovy Library's All-Time Favorite Super-Duper Christmas Gems, Vol. 1

I was going to revise the previous Christmas mixes but instead, decided to source the updated tracks into a series I've often longed for - my ultimate favs. I love Christmas music and I mean a lot of it! I could stretch this out into many, many volumes but I'll strict myself to the upmost uppermost jingles. And yet, I'm foretelling at least a few hundred tracks. That's right - it doesn't get any better than this. As I'm aiming (hopefully) for several volumes, all tracks are gold and spread throughout.

Notes on a few selections... 

* Swag's "Everyday Is Christmas" - Tom Petersson (Cheap Trick) on bass.

* Vince Guaraldi Trio's "Christmas Is Coming (2022 mix)" - Honestly, I can barely (if at all) hear a difference between the previous remasters. Nonetheless, it's still a great track!

* Vic Damone's "Winter Wonderland (Future Loop Foundation Remix)" - I absolutely love this remix. I'm also a big fan of Future Loop Foundation (featured in several Downtime comps).

* Wee B Toyz's "Linus and Lucy" - The best version of this VGT classic, bar none.

* Spiraling's "Do You Hear What I Hear?" - Do you love The Who's Baba O'Riley? Say no more.

* Percy Faith and His Orchestra's "Christmas Is" - A top 10. One of my biggest favs from the easy listening/lounge genre.

Anyway, Santa really hopes you all enjoy this first volume.



Christmas1@320

4 comments: