November 2, 2023

Popcorn Mania 11: Good Old Days

I was asked for more popcorn, so why not! I stopped at 10 volumes back in May, and half a year later, presenting... volume 11.

20 tracks in all, from '58 to '67. My favs you've asked? Well, the first track is great - Dean Parrish's "Bricks, Broken Bottles and Sticks." Ronnie Love's "Chills and Fever" is another goodie. And so is Darrell Banks' "Somebody (Somewhere Needs You)." I wonder if Steve Cropper and maybe a bandmate or three from Booker T. & The MG's were involved, for that intro is reminiscent of "Time Is Tight." As for my top fav, it's either aforementioned, or Erma Franklin's "I Don't Want No Mama's Boy." Let's call it a tie. Enjoy!



Popcorn11@320

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see another Popcorn sampler. I've got a lot of your comps DLed. Going to add the titles so I can tell what is Popcorn or Ambient. ;')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Domenic! Good to hear from you again. Sorry I haven't been on FB that much. But, I'm still planning on doing more lounge/exotica mixes. Take care!

      Delete
  2. Thanks George for posting this nice Popcorn compilation.
    Muske

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Muske! And probably more to come :)

      Delete