November 22, 2023

Intromania! And Here Is The Guitar...

My apologies for the lengthy delay. It's been quite a busy month here at the household. Anyways, here we are with a new (unoriginal) series, "Intromania!" The idea goes waaaaay back to the 70s or early 80s, back when mixing cassettes and 8-tracks! I'm sure I stuck on the usual, more famous intro riffs but now 40 plus years later, the majority of tracks may not be as famous. Who knows - what's rare to one is customary to another. Regardless, it's all good.

The majority of the mixes (if I continue the series) should be just that - mixed with a lot of genres, a hodge-podge of sorts. This mix however, is mainly classic and hard rock (almost half the mix is 70s). I started this mix off purposely with Queen's "I Go Crazy," their imo best B-side, and one of their best rockers. A great kick-starter for the mix. "America's Veins" by my favorite Canadian band Max Webster, is another worthy listen. The Stampeders' "Wild Eyes" (another Canuck band) is one of their big fan favorites. I've always loved that intro riff. Thundermug's "Beard" (another Canuck band) is one of my favs off "Who's Running My World?" (the title track, also found on blog - "I Like It a Lot!"... More Canadian Music That Is). And yes, you've read that right - Bread. "Easy Love" is one of their rare rockers. Jimi's "Midnight" is one of his many posthumously tracks, but it's still good! All tracks are good. Enjoy!



Intromania@320

No comments:

Post a Comment