December 6, 2023

Groovy Library's All-Time Favorite Super-Duper Christmas Gems, Vol. 3

I'll either end this series here or the next one. I have way too many favorites that'll stretch beyond the stratosphere. I'll probably stick to theme related mixes going forward. So anyway, what do we have here - lots of rockers and several 50s and 60s. Bert Kaempfert's "Holiday for Bells" is probably my most nostalgic Christmas shopping track. Chris Rea's "Driving Home for Christmas" has been a big fav for years and I'm pretty sure the first time I've heard it was sometime during the early 00s, over a dozen years since first released.

Chris & Peter Allen's "Ten Below" goes back to the early days of blogging. I no longer recall who posted it (and probably ripped at 128) but thank you regardless. It's still a favorite. Now, this may be sacrilegious, but I like Brenda Lee's "Papa Noël" just as much (and sometimes more!) as the "A" side - the big perennial seasonal smash "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree."

I think you'll enjoy and maybe a chuckle(?!?) out of Vincent D'Onofrio's (yes, the actor) "The Twelve Days of Christmas." Aly & AJ's "Jingle Bell Rock" is one of the best rockin' versions, along with Slade's "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town." Actually, this may be sacrilegious too, but I prefer the latter much more than their bigger holiday hit (Merry Xmas Everybody). And, I can't close the set without "Silent Night, Holy Night" this time by Percy Faith & His Orchestra. It's so beautiful. Anyway, all the tracks are good. Enjoy!



ChristmasGems3@320

2 comments: