December 5, 2023

Snazzy Jazzy Christmas Jazz You've Never Heard! Vol. II

And once again, you've probably heard some of the tracks. Volume two begins with an awesome version of "God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen" by the George Shearing Quintet. If you love Brubeck's "Take Five," you should enjoy it. Cyrus Chestnut's cover of "Linus and Lucy" is another worthy addition. If you love bebop, you'll love Herb Geller's "Sleigh Ride."

Rahsaan Roland Kirk's "We Free Kings" is a well known track amongst the jazz aficionados. If you like stride, then you'll probably enjoy Butch Thompson's "Deck the Halls." Brad Mehldau's "Christmas Time Is Here" is imo, the highlight from the set. I absolutely love this rendition of the Vince Guaraldi/Charlie Brown classic.

One of my all-time favorite Christmas carols is "Silent Night". I prefer the renditions to be more serene and subtly melancholic. Fabrizio Bosso Quartet's "Silent Night" is quite the opposite and it works. It's jazzy, funky, and a worthwhile addition to the mix. Anyway, all the tracks are good. Enjoy!



JazzyChristmasTwo@320

8 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays to you, I wish to Thank You for all of your great Music Albums. This current album
    Jazzy Christmas Two, seems to have about 4 or 5 songs that are unable to be had with this albums download. Is it possible that you could Please & Thank You to do a repair this Holiday Album. Many Thanks Agin, Stan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Stan! At first, I couldn't understand what you're implying but after mulling it over, I think I know - your media player doesn't recognize certain characters (letters - diacritics, accents, glyphs, etc) in track and artist titles. Sometimes just a slash could be the culprit. I recognize only 2 tracks in the set with aforementioned. Here's what to do -

      Track 9: edit the track title as (without quotes) "Medrcy Swiata" and artist as "Andrzej Jagodzinski Trio"

      Track 14: edit the track title as (without quotes) "O Christmas Tree - Spanish Nights"

      Delete
    2. I thank You for the advice. Stan

      Delete
    3. Stan - I've ran into this problem in the past. I now know whenever a file and/or a set of tracks won't play, that's the first thing I look for, and the problem solved with earlier instruction. However, I don't recall if it's a simple fix (right-click, edit) or having to use a program. For the latter, I highly recommend mp3tag (it's free and clean). It's fairly easy to use for basic things like one-track-a-time edits. If you happen to be reading this far and still having probs, I can up another complete file with the two tracks edited, but only for a short period.

      Delete
  2. mp3tag is the bomb! I've been using it for a long long time.

    Thanks for another great collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mp3tag and use it all the time now. I've been using it for at least a couple of years now. I still haven't figured out a lot of it, so I just do the easy basic edits. I also use it for adding covers (although I delete them for the mixes - maybe I should keep them in) and lyrics. I think they have a code for scrolling lyrics but I haven't the faintest how to set it up, lol.

      Thanks again MrDave!

      Delete
  3. These look good...many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome zipper! I hope you enjoy.

      Delete